Strawberry Sunshine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strawberry Sunshine

A Role-Playing Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Drug called Power

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fayt-Harkwind

Fayt-Harkwind

A Drug called Power Empty
PostSubject: A Drug called Power   A Drug called Power Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:57 am

I've been trying to make an RP incorporating Gaia Memories (transformation trinkets from Kamen Rider W that let people become superhuman monsters with different simple or extraordinary powers) for a while now and none of my past ideas have worked. I've tried the direct approach of removing the Kamen Riders and making it just about the Dopants (the monsters that people become with Gaia Memories), having people use different elemental abilities by inserting it into a weapon and a Power Rangers RP which only got a few members and couldn't start. So, I'd like some help with how I could use them in an RP.

Btw, these are what Gaia Memories look like, well the monster one's anyway: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jayn
Admin
Jayn

PostSubject: Re: A Drug called Power   A Drug called Power Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Fayt-Harkwind wrote:
I've been trying to make an RP incorporating Gaia Memories (transformation trinkets from Kamen Rider W that let people become superhuman monsters with different simple or extraordinary powers) for a while now and none of my past ideas have worked. I've tried the direct approach of removing the Kamen Riders and making it just about the Dopants (the monsters that people become with Gaia Memories), having people use different elemental abilities by inserting it into a weapon and a Power Rangers RP which only got a few members and couldn't start. So, I'd like some help with how I could use them in an RP.

Btw, these are what Gaia Memories look like, well the monster one's anyway: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh wow. Awesome. What I would suggest is...Well, generally I think that people enjoy role-plays where they start off kind of...weak-ish, and maybe are able to draw some sort of power from something. I've personally never really heard of Gaia Memories. So I'm not sure if this would fit...

What I'm saying though is to maybe make easier to relate to for people outside of that fanbase. Maybe humans who can draw powers from inserting it into a weapon? Then of course, there should be a goal in mind, a reason they're fighting or defending themselves, things like that...

Back to top Go down
https://strawberrysunshine.rpg-board.net
Fayt-Harkwind

Fayt-Harkwind

PostSubject: Re: A Drug called Power   A Drug called Power Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:05 am

Jayn wrote:
Oh wow. Awesome. What I would suggest is...Well, generally I think that people enjoy role-plays where they start off kind of...weak-ish, and maybe are able to draw some sort of power from something. I've personally never really heard of Gaia Memories. So I'm not sure if this would fit...

What I'm saying though is to maybe make easier to relate to for people outside of that fanbase. Maybe humans who can draw powers from inserting it into a weapon? Then of course, there should be a goal in mind, a reason they're fighting or defending themselves, things like that...

That's rather close to parts of what happens in the show. They can use them inside of weapons as well. Anyway, you've given me a new idea to toy with. I could probably use it by adapting parts of the TV show they are from (where on character attempts to merge multiple ones together for more powers and the movie which recently came out where a certain set of 26 become the ultimate power when combined). I'll have to come up with a few ideas and I'll probably post them here for some more feedback. Thanks.

EDIT: Pulled together some ideas for a basic plot (I'll need to expand on it), powers and a goal.

Quote :
26 mysterious USBs known as Gaia Memories where spread among the population of Krueger City. Through various ways you have ended up with one of them. Through an anonymous e-mail sent to your computer you learn of it’s powers, how to use it and that there are 25 more from the one you have and that together they grant you the ultimate power, to become a god. Feeling the power from your first use you venture out into the city in order to hunt down the other Gaia Memories and claim them as your own.

Each Gaia Memory has its strengths and weaknesses, no single Memory is supreme over the other but through collecting them you can improve on each Memory by combining powers.

Arctic - Ice powers
Blackout - Can create pitch black darkness
Camouflage - Can blend into their current environment
Disguise - Can perfectly mimic anyone’s appearance and voice
Enormous - Can change a limb to become gigantic (Maximum Drive would change them to giant size)
Forget - Can erase memories
Gravity - Gravity manipulation
Hallucinate - Able to create hallucinogenic illusions
Inferno - Fire powers
Jump - Teleportation (may change if Warp is still here)
Kettle - Able to produce boiling hot steam
Laser - Laser powers
Marine - Water powers
Nospheratu - Able to drain life energy from living things for a boost in strength, speed and stamina
Ogre - Super human strength
Push - Telekinesis
Quake - Ground powers
Rush - Super speed
Smoke - Smoke powers
Twister - Wind powers
Uproot - Plant powers
Voltage - Electric powers
Weapon - Can summon an array of weapons one at a time
Xenon - Can create blinding flashes of light
Yo-Yo - Able to stretch limbs but after stretching the limb pulls back
Zero - Can cause “black hole” like space distortions

Insertion devices

There’s direct insertion into a location on the body, but there are negative side effects from this. A craving to keep using the Memory occurs as well as a raise in a dangerous emotion on intent causing people to become homicidal, etc. After a certain amount of time the user can become adjusted to the feeling and gain more control over their powers but loose more of their sanity as their dangerous emotions and cravings become natural to them. If the user gets to adjusted to it and has a high connection with the Memory they can merge permanently with it and use unrestrained power any time, all the time.
E.g. after directly inserting the Inferno Memory into your arm you can shoot fire from your hands, feet, mouth, etc. Increased use increases that power very slowly.

Drivers, a usb slot placed an object on something like a belt or wrist strap. It allows a balanced use of the Memory’s powers and can use a special function called a Maximum Drive using the full power of the Memory for a moment.
e.g. after inserting the Inferno Memory into your driver you can shoot fire just like direct insertion but the fire doesn‘t touch your skin but float just above it. An output slot/button/etc on the driver can cause the Inferno Memory to be used at full power and can shoot a blast of flame 3 times larger than normal.

Weapon/tool, an item where the Memory can be inserted into like a Driver but is used solely for combat (if a weapon) or the specific use of the tool. The weapon is also able to use a Maximum Drive like the driver.
e.g. after the Inferno Memory is inserted into a sword (where the sword handle has a slot for the Memory) the blade is ignited in flames and can release the fire for a short range away from the blade when swung. The Maximum Drive increases that power and range.

I'll probably make a few drivers and weapons, but not enough for all 26 so that way I won't end up with everyone using a magical sword.

Anywho, any thoughts/ideas/etc?
Back to top Go down
Jayn
Admin
Jayn

PostSubject: Re: A Drug called Power   A Drug called Power Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 4:06 pm

Alright, so this makes more sense to me. I'm getting a grasp on what's going on. Also, it's a good idea that you're distributing them like that. It would be rather annoying for everyone to randomly grab the same weapon.

Still some questions to consider answering, however.

1. Are they going to use these powers to fight against each other? Or is there a common enemy? Are there sides?

2. What's the world like? Is it modern? Is it some weird fantasy world?
Back to top Go down
Fayt-Harkwind

Fayt-Harkwind

PostSubject: Re: A Drug called Power   A Drug called Power Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Jayn wrote:
Alright, so this makes more sense to me. I'm getting a grasp on what's going on. Also, it's a good idea that you're distributing them like that. It would be rather annoying for everyone to randomly grab the same weapon.

Still some questions to consider answering, however.

1. Are they going to use these powers to fight against each other? Or is there a common enemy? Are there sides?

2. What's the world like? Is it modern? Is it some weird fantasy world?

Yeah, I didn't want everyone to end up with the same thing. I'm just shifting through some possible weapon ideas and trying to balance them all out so no one is stronger than the other.

1. They are using the powers to fight each other in order to gain each others powers for the goal of gaining god-like powers. It's loosely based on the current Kamen Rider movie plot (Gaia Memories get scattered, people find them, evil bad guys look for them so their leader can use them to gain ultimate power) I just changed it around a bit. Sides can be made but they will eventually need to be broken.

2. The world is the modern day with some slight technological advancements. I'm still working on an actual plot for it though so it might change slightly in terms of how slight the technological advancements are.
Back to top Go down
Jayn
Admin
Jayn

PostSubject: Re: A Drug called Power   A Drug called Power Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:17 pm

So long as you remember to mention those two things in the actual thread, I think you have yourself an RP. :3 When you're done adding and organizing it, I'd love to see it just to make sure there aren't anymore questions. My only pet peeve about RPs is when I have no idea what's going on in them so now that the questions have been answered and the plot has been neutralized to people outside of the fanbase as well, then I think it should be all good.

Good luck, if you have anything else you would like feedback on, feel free to post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Drug called Power   A Drug called Power Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Drug called Power
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Strawberry Sunshine  :: Welcome :: RolePlay Ideas-
Jump to: